Road Closures & Traffic Alerts
Chicago Transit Authority Reroutes
The Chicago Transit Authority has created a list of planned reroutes and service disruptions expected during the Summit weekend. This list, as well as tips for making your commute on the CTA run smoothly, can be found on their website.
During the summit this May, the city of Chicago will be relying on the “Notify Chicago” system to keep residents and visitors updated on traffic issues. For example, this alert system will inform users about street closures, bus reroutes, and potential delays.
Sign up for this free text, email, or phone alert service.
Riders with Disabilities
PACE Paratransit has issued a press release to advise its customers about potential service disruptions. Read the release.
Road Closures and Traffic Impacts
The map below shows road closures and parking restrictions outlined by the United States Secret Service for the NATO Summit. Click to enlarge. You can read more about their plan in their official press release.
Listed here are potential traffic impacts Saturday, May 19th through 6 pm Monday, May 21st.
- Lake Shore Drive (LSD) from 39th street to Balbo will be closed
- Access to 1-55 southbound and access to LSD via 1-55 northbound will be closed
- I-55 northbound from I-90/94 to LSD will be closed
- Columbus Drive from Balbo to McFetridge will be closed
- Roosevelt Road from Michigan Avenue to LSD will be closed
- Indiana Avenue from 21st street to 25th Street will be closed
- 31st Street from Martin Luther King Drive to LSD will be closed
- Martin Luther King Drive from Cermak to 26th street will be closed
- Cermak from Michigan Avenue to Martin Luther King Drive will be closed
- Ontario street from Orleans to Fairbanks will be intermittently closed
- Ohio street from Orleans to Fairbanks will be intermittently closed
- Clark street from Oak Street to Ontario will experience lane reductions
- Dearborn street from Kinzie to Ontario Street will experience lane reductions